Lewis Dot Structure Worksheet #1 Homework Problems For Physics
Chemical Bonding Practice and Review Worksheet for High School Physical Science and/or Chemistry
This worksheet contains many practice and review problems for your chemistry or physical science students. I use this practice problem worksheet when teaching my unit on Chemical Bonding to my chemistry students. These practice problems are intended to supplement your unit on bonding.
The worksheet includes questions and problems on the following:
1. Students will answer questions about the role of valence electrons in bonding.
2. Students will draw Lewis-dot structures of atoms and ions.
3. Students will draw and diagram, using electron dot structures, the change in electrons that occurs when atoms are forming ionic bonds.
4. Rules for determining the location of atoms when drawing Lewis-dot structures of covalent compounds.
5. Students will draw and diagram, using electron dot structures, the change in electrons that occurs when atoms are forming covalent bonds.
6. Students will answer questions about electronegativity and how this determines the type of bond that will form.
7. Using a “Table of Electronegativities”, students will predict the type of bond (nonpolar covalent, polar covalent or ionic) that occurs between two atoms.
I use this 5-page worksheet as additional homework problems for my students. By completing a few problems each night, the worksheet becomes a completed study guide for the unit test.
Included in this product:
--5 page Student Handout
--Table of Electronegativities
--Teacher Answer Key
Both Word document and pdf file are included.
Related products include:
Lab: Molecular Models of Covalent Compounds
Chemical Bonding Quizzes - Set of Three
Bonding Reactions Worksheets - Set of Two
Atoms and Atomic Structure Task Cards
Chemical Bonding Unit Test
FREE Table of Electronegativities for Chemical Bonding Unit
Periodic Table of the Lost Civilization - A Periodic Table Review Game
Lab: Periodic Properties
Periodic Table Review Activity
Periodic Table Quiz
Writing Chemical Formulas and Naming Compounds Set of 4 Quizzes or Homework Assignments
Periodic Table Unit Test
Activity: Trends on the Periodic Table
Periodic Table Homework and Study Guide
Periodic Table Review and Practice Problem Worksheet
Must-Do Chemistry or Physical Science Labs Bundled Set
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well:
Science Stuff Blog
My Facebook Page
Amy Brown (Science Stuff)
13 (includes answer pages)
Lewis dot structure homework problems
Draw dot structures for the following molecules using the S = N - A formula and rules described in the lecture notes. Do your results pass the dot structure tests?
Write resonance structures for:
Return to Chemistry 1211 lectures
Return to Chemistry 1551 lectures